GG4 strain (Gorilla Glue #4) aka Original Glue is a slightly sativa dominant hybrid strain that helps bring about full body relaxation and feelings of euphoria. For example, a couple of puffs of GG4 and you will find yourself stuck on the couch.
Table of Contents
There is no doubt that Gorilla Glue #4 is one of the favorite strains in the cannabis world. Moreover, the buds are spongy, resinous, and covered in frosty white trichomes and produce a beautiful green color with plentiful orange hairs.
GG4 Cannabis Strain Flavor
GG4 seeds carries a fascinating taste and smell of earthy pine potent with a dark, woody after flavor. It combines hints of coffee and chocolate diesel, which separate the dark spicy accents.
GG4 Cannabis Strain Aroma
Gorilla Glue 4 contains a blended aroma ranging of earthy like flower to sour dubb punch. This Cannabis strain intense flavor combined with its pungent scent is perfect for those not looking to beat around the bush.
Is GG4 Indica or Sativa?
This strain is a hybrid, providing the benefits of both indica and sativa. It’s feeling is said to be euphoric and offers tranquility to the mind and body.
GG4 Cannabis Strain Terpenes
- CaryophylleneThis terpene is responsible for GG4’s spicy peppery taste as well as its stress-relieving properties. Citrus undertones have also been associated with this terpene.
- LimoneneThe citrusy smell and flavor of this strain are due to the terpene Limonene. In addition to contributing to the GG4’s gassiness, this terpene also provides a fruity, herbal, sweet aroma and flavor.
- MyrceneA soothing, calm, and drowsy effect is caused by the presence of myrcene in GG4. This terpene has been shown to relax muscles, making this strain, as well as others that contain Myrcene excellent for relieving bodily discomfort or muscle stiffness.
GG4 Cannabis Strain History
The creation of Gorilla Glue #4 is anything but typical. There is a difference between this strain’s history and those of other popular strains. A ‘happy accident’ created this beauty, despite its importance around the world. Over the years, Gorilla Glue #4 has won multiple awards. Most notably, this strain has won 3 different Cannabis cups in LA, Michigan, and the Jamaican World Cup.
What Other Gorilla Glue Strains Exist?
- Gorilla Glue #5 aka New Glue
- Gorilla Glue #1 aka Sister Glue
Who Bred The GG4 Strain?
Joesy Whakes and Lone Watty are credited as starting GG Strains, which is the original breeder of Gorilla Glue 4 as well as other Gorilla Glue strains. As described by GG Strain’s co-founders, GG4 is the result of a mixed Sour Dubb and Chem Diesel plant pollinating a Chem Sister that Joesy was growing.
Is GG4 Cannabis Strain Exotic?
Yes, this is considered an exotic strain. Since this strain has scarce availability and boasts flavors of coffee and chocolate diesel. Additionally, tt also has unique skunky earthy aromas which are also considered exotic.
Effects of GG4 Strain
Sativa dominant that provides indica like reactions like : body buzz, tranquility, mental relaxation, and euphoria. However when taken at higher doses, Gorilla Glue #4 can cause sleepiness and other side effects associated with high THC levels.
What Is GG4 Strain Good For?
Gorilla Glue #4 is helpful for users battling insomnia, or those aiming for relaxation. It has also been shown to stimulate appetite in users struggling to eat or who want something to help them better enjoy their meal.
Is GG4 Strong?
Yes, it’s strong. Some labs have even tested its THC content which can range from 25-30%.
Does GG4 Strain Help Relieve Stress?
A sour and earthy aroma emanates from its sticky, dense, and frosty buds, loaded with THC that helps reduce stress and induce relaxation.
GG4 Strain Grow Info
For your convenience, we have compiled some useful tips for growing the best GG4 plants in both indoor and outdoor settings. Most importantly, the more care you give to your plants, the better your bud will be! You can expect to gain useful experience which will help further your Cannabis cultivation dreams.
- Lights should be kept moderate
- Keep the grow room around 74-78 degrees Fahrenheit
- Keep the humidity around 45 percent if possible
- Provide your plants a generous amount of water
- Research the nutrient requirements for your growing medium (soil or hydroponic)
- Always keep an eye out for mold and pests
Why Grow GG4 Cannabis Strain
Growing Gorilla glue 4 yourself creates quick accessibility to it’s high potency, rarity, and hybrid blended effects. For instance, it’s higher levels of THC cater well to long time users with a built up tolerance.
GG4 is a high producing strain, generating approximately 18 ounces per square meter. For example, this strain responds well to low stress training growing methods, as well as the Sea of Green growing methods.
You can apply the same low stress training method to your outdoor grow as you can indoors. Additionally, doing this will produce better amounts per plant. However, with any outdoor grow, it is important to keep a constant eye out for pests and mold as your plants are out in the open and susceptible to everything mother nature can throw at it.
When to Harvest GG4 Strain
Gorilla Glue 4 has a high amounts with both indoor and outdoor grows, although we do recommend growing this strain in an indoor setting in order to bring your bud to its full potential and potency. Doing this will produce the highest THC levels and most vibrant color array possible in your plant. You will also be able to harvest multiple times per year growing indoor whereas you can only harvest once a year when growing outdoors.
GG4 Cannabis Strain Amounts
When you get your auto-flowering/feminized seeds from us, expect to amounts about 18 ounces of Cannabis per square meter indoors. There are roughly 21 ounces of amounts per plant when grown outdoors.
GG4 Cannabis Strain Flowering Time
Approximately 8 to 10 weeks for full flowering. You can expect to harvest your plants in mid-October if you grow them outdoors.
- FeminizedFeminized seeds eliminate the headache of having to remove male plants from your crop, which, in turn, results in less-potent buds. These have the highest amounts of any seed types, but they do require certain lighting (photoperiodic) conditions in order to reach the flowering stage.
- Regular (Un-sexed)Regular seeds produce a 50/50 mix of male and female plants. The issue with having male plants in your crop is that they have pollen sacs which will lead to accidental pollination of your female plants, producing bud with seeds. This is only suitable for breeders looking to cross their own strains or trying to mass produce seeds.
- AutoflowerAuto-flowering seeds provide some of the same benefits of the feminized variety, the difference being that they do not require the grower to pay attention to the light cycle. These seeds have smaller amountss but they harvest quicker, allowing you to have multiple harvests per year.
GG4 Cannabis Strain benefits
Perks include alleviation of pain, appetite booster, relaxation & rest. It’s high THC and low CBD provide the most benefits to those carrying mentally invasive agitation. For instance, with small to moderate doses are best for reclaiming benefits. In higher doses, the effects can be counterproductive. Learn More about GG4 Benefits Here.
Where Can I Get GG4 Seeds?
You can get the best Gorilla Glue 4 seeds from OGSeeds! As a reputable seed bank proudly based in America, we are happy to offer fast, free, discreet shipping + 25% off your first order.