Buy Sativa Seeds
If you’re looking to grow the best sativa strains possible, you’ll want to start with high-quality sativa seeds. Look no further than OG seeds for your for these prized cannabis seeds! It is important to do your research before you buy sativa seeds. Prior to planting these potent kernels and start cultivating your cannabis crop, theres a few things about growing Sativa strains to make sure you produce quality amounts.
So come with us as we teach you all there is to know about turning your Sativa cannabis seeds into a lush crop of potent Sativa plants! Take it from us, we’re the OGs when it comes to cannabis seeds and potent strains. Let’s grow!
GET 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
What Are Sativa Strains?
Cannabis flower strains that are Sativas produce stimulating and energizing effects when consumed. These invigorating strains come from the Cannabis sativa plant, a type of cannabis plant.
Compared to its cousin, Cannabis Indica, Sativa plants are taller, skinnier, and have a less dense growth pattern. Slim, light green fan leaves define their distinct foliage. At the apex of these upright growing cannabis plants is Sativa flower, which generally has an oblong shape and is light and airy. You can find Sativa strains in both hemp and Cannabis plant varieties.
What Are Sativa Seeds?
Sativa seeds are cannabis seeds that grow into Cannabis sativa plants and produce their highly sought-after flower. You can buy cannabis seeds that produce either pure Sativa strains or those that produce Sativa-dominant strains.
What Are Sativa Dominant Seeds?
Sativa-dominant seeds produce cannabis plants that contain both Sativa and Indica genetics but lean heavily towards the Sativa side in terms of physical appearance, growth pattern, and mental and physical effects.
Often referred to as a Sativa-dominant hybrid, these strains provide consumers with the best of both worlds by producing an amalgamation of unique effects. Cannabis connoisseurs around the world love hybrid strains for this very reason. When shopping for a Sativa-dominant strain, you’ll find plenty of choices right here at OG Seeds!
History of Sativa Seeds & Strains
Botanists can trace the history of Sativa back to the early days of cannabis cultivation. Sativas are thought to originate from Central and South America, though there is some debate on the exact location. Some believe that the strain has its roots in South Asia, particularly modern-day India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan, where Indica plants originated.
The Sativa plant came to Europe in the 16th century by Spanish explorers and later spread to Asia and Africa. One of the first recorded uses of Sativa was in China, where it was utilized as a medicinal herb. Sativa quickly became a popular strain of cannabis due to its high THC content and energizing, uplifting effects.
In the early 1900s, Sativa was introduced to the United States by immigrants from Mexico and South America. Today, Sativa is one of the most popular strains of cannabis in the world. It is widely utilized for its medicinal properties and is popular among recreational consumers.
What Type Of Sativa Seeds Are There?
There are several types of Sativa cannabis seeds to choose from. The types of Sativa seeds you choose complement your growing methods and environment. Let’s look at some of the different types of Sativa seeds available for you to grow.
Regular (Unsexed) Seeds
Unsexed seeds, more commonly known as regular seeds, are Sativa seeds that contain roughly a 50/50 mixture of both male and female seeds. When you plant these seeds, they’ll grow into either male or female plants. Regular seeds are great for growers who want to create their own seed bank since the male plants will pollinate the female plants and have them produce seeds instead of flower.
Autoflower Seeds are a type of cannabis seed that will automatically flower regardless of the light cycle. This makes them ideal for growers who want to avoid the hassle of changing light cycles or who live in areas with shorter growing seasons. Autoflowering seeds are also great for discreet growers who need to keep small and manageable operations.
Feminized Sativa seeds have been specifically bred to produce female plants. This happens through techniques like selective breeding or using chemicals that mimic the effects of the female hormone estrogen. Growers prize feminized seeds because they guarantee a higher chance of getting female plants, which is desirable for those looking to produce buds or flowers.
High THC Sativa Seeds
Sativa seeds with a High THC level are a type of cannabis seed that produce just that, a high concentration of THC. These seeds are often used by growers who want to create strains with high levels of THC. High THC Sativa seeds can be difficult to grow, but the result is often worth it. These seeds often have a strong smell and taste and can be very potent. High THC Sativa seeds are not for everyone, but those who enjoy them often find that they provide a unique and powerful high.
High CBD Sativa Seeds
Sativa Seeds with a High CBD level are a type of cannabis seed high in cannabidiol (CBD) and low in THC content. They’re typically from hemp plants, which contain a THC content of 0.3% or less. CBD is a non-inebriating compound that has many potential therapeutic benefits, while THC is the compound that gives consumers euphoria.
High CBD Sativa Seeds are ideal for those who want the wellness benefits of cannabis but without the high THC level or euphoria. These seeds are also perfect for those who want to grow CBD-rich plants.
Benefits of Sativa Flower
The Sativa flower has many benefits that make it a popular choice for wellness-minded consumers. Sativa flower has been used for centuries in traditional medicines and is known for its benefits on a person’s general soundness.
Some of the most well-known positive effects and benefits of Sativa flower include:
- Uplifting and energizing effects
- Relief from bodily discomfort and soreness
- Improved mood and increased sense of well-being
- Increased appetite
- Reduced anxiousness and stress
- Improved sleep quality
- Deep focus
- Enhancing creativity
Sativas vs. Indicas
Sativas and Indicas are the two main types of cannabis. They can be distinguished by their appearance, effects, and growing patterns.
Sativas are generally taller and thinner than Indica, with long, narrow leaves. They tend to have a more uplifting and energizing effect, making them popular for daytime use. Sativas also tend to have a longer flowering time.
Indica plants are shorter and bushier than Sativas, with wider leaves. They tend to have a more sedating effect, making them popular for nighttime consumption. Indicas also tend to have a shorter flowering time.
There are many hybrid strains of cannabis that combine characteristics of both Sativas and Indicas. These strains can offer a more balanced experience, with the uplifting effects of Sativas and the sedating effects of Indica strains.
How Much Do Sativa Strains Produce?
While there is no easy answer to how much Sativa strains produce, it is possible to give a rough estimate. Some of the most popular Sativa strains can produce up to 600 grams of flower per square meter. But many factors affect a Sativa plant’s produce, such as the grower’s experience, the growing environment, and the strain itself. So, it’s hard to say exactly how much each Sativa plant will produce. But, on average, Sativa strains will provide you with a more than adequate amounts.
How Potent Can Sativa Flower Be?
The THC levels in Sativa flower can vary greatly and depend on the strain and growing conditions. However, some Sativa Cannabis strains can have THC levels as high as 25-30%. This means that Sativa flower can be quite potent, especially for those not used to smoking Cannabis. If you are new to smoking Cannabis, it is best to start with a less potent Sativa strain and work your way up. Otherwise, you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the effects of THC despite the high energy level of Sativa strains.
However, Sativa hemp strains contain next to no THC (0.3% or less) and have high amounts of CBD, enhancing this energizing strain’s benefits. Those wanting to limit their THC consumption find hemp flower a great alternative to Cannabis. Unlike Cannabis, which is still considered federally illegal despite most states legalizing its medicinal and recreational consumption, hemp is 100% federally legal, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill.
But regardless of which type of cannabis seeds you want to cultivate, you should always check with your local laws regarding hemp and Cannabis to ensure you’re not doing anything that might be considered illegal in your neck of the woods.
What Are The Best Sativa Strains?
There are a lot of different Sativa strains out there, and it can be tough to choose the right one. However, by considering your needs and what you’re looking for in a strain, you can make an informed decision and find the perfect Sativa strain for you.
Sativa Seeds Available
Here are some Sativa strains available at OG seeds:
- Sour Diesel (90/10 Sativa-Dominant Hybrid): This is another Sativa strain known for its powerful effects thanks to its parent strains, Super Skunk and Chemdawg. It can help to increase energy and provides an uplifting high.
- Blue Dream (80/20 Sativa-Dominant Hybrid): This Sativa strain is perfect for those who want a powerful head high that lasts for hours. It has very uplifting and energizing effects.
- Strawberry Cough (80/20 Sativa-Dominant Hybrid): A cross between Haze and Strawberry Fields, this strain will transport you to strawberry fields far and away with its savory flavors and aromas.
- Mimosa (70/30 Sativa-Dominant Hybrid): This Sativa-heavy strain is the result of crossing Purple Punch and Clementine, and provides great, focused energy. Mimosa has a sweet and sour taste, just like the libation it’s named after.
- Green Crack (65/35 Sativa-Indica Hybrid): If you’re looking for a Sativa strain that will give you an energetic boost, then Green Crack is a perfect choice. It’s also great for helping to focus and concentrate on creative projects.
- Gary Payton (50/50 Sativa-Indica Hybrid): A cross between Cookies and Powerzzz, this strain is named after the high-energy NBA legend. This strain is slightly Sativa-leaning for a controlled, level-headed effect. You’ll taste a fruity apricot flavor with hints of pepper.
- Cereal Milk (50/50 Sativa-Indica Hybrid): Y Life and Snowman come together to make this potent and balanced strain, Enthusiasts will feel an uplifting high.
Where to Buy Sativa Seeds?
If you’re looking for the best Sativa seeds on the market, OG Seeds is the place to go. We carry a wide variety of Sativa strains, so you’re sure to find the perfect one for your needs. OG Seeds is one of the leading online retailers of hemp and Cannabis seeds, so you can rest assured that you’re getting top-quality products. Order your Sativa seeds today and get them delivered straight to your door to start your cannabis crop!
How To Grow The Best Sativa Flower
Just because you have some high-quality Sativa cannabis seeds doesn’t mean you’ll have a potent Sativa crop. Here are some general tips and tricks to cultivating the best Sativa cannabis strains possible.
There are a few key things to remember when germinating Sativa seeds. First, make sure that you start with fresh, high-quality seeds. Old or damaged seeds may not germinate at all. Second, it’s important to keep the seeds moist but not wet. Too much water can cause the seeds to rot. Third, Sativa seeds need a warm environment to germinate, so make sure the temperature is between 68-77 °F. Finally, be patient! It can take up to two weeks for Sativa seeds to germinate.
Sativa plants are typically grown outdoors, where they can receive plenty of natural sunlight. You should give your outdoor Sativa plants at least 10-12 hours or more sunlight per day. However, if you’re growing your Sativa indoors, you’ll need to make sure it gets enough light. The best way to do this is to use grow lights.
Grow lights come in various types, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. You’ll need to consider the size of your grow space and the type of light that will best suit your plant. During the growing phase, ensure your plants get enough light, preferably 18-24 hours during the growing phase. To initiate the flowering stage, adopt a 12/12 schedule (12 hours of light followed by 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness).
Sativa plants prefer slightly warmer temperatures and need a bit more heat to grow and thrive. Here are some tips on how to provide the ideal temperature for your Sativa plants:
- Keep the temperature between 70-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the temperature gets too cold, the plants will stop growing and may die.
- If the temperature gets too hot, the leaves will turn yellow, and the plant will stop growing.
- The ideal temperature for Sativa plants is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ensure adequate ventilation to prevent the temperature from getting too hot or too cold.
Sativa plants require high levels of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) for optimal growth and production. Sativa plants have high nitrogen needs during vegetative growth, but they will require less nitrogen once they begin to flower. Phosphorus and potassium requirements increase as the plant matures. It’s important to have a well-balanced nutrient solution to ensure optimal growth and production from Sativa plants.
The ideal humidity for Sativa plants is between 40% and 60%. However, these plants are fairly tolerant of a range of humidity levels and can even tolerate periods of high humidity (up to 80%) without too much stress. Nevertheless, it is important to avoid letting the humidity drop too low (below 30%), as this can cause the plants to become dried out and stressed. If you are growing Sativa plants outdoors in a more humid climate, you may need to take steps to reduce the humidity levels around your plants.
Sativa Flower Indoor Growing Tips
If you’re interested in growing Sativa flowers indoors, there are a few things to consider. Here are some Sativa flower indoor growing tips:
- Make sure you have plenty of space. Sativa plants can grow quite tall, so you’ll need a room with high ceilings.
- Start with a small plant. It’s easier to control the environment indoors, so you can help your Sativa plant grow more slowly at first.
- Give your Sativa plant plenty of light. These plants need a lot of sunlight to thrive, so make sure your grow room has good lighting.
- Be patient! Sativa plants can take a while to flower, so don’t be discouraged if it takes a few months for your plant to start blooming.
Sativa Flower Outdoor Growing Tips
When it comes to Sativa flowers, outdoor growing is often the best option. This is because Sativas tend to be tall and lanky, and they need a lot of space to stretch out. Plus, they love the sun and heat, so they do best when grown outdoors in full sun with long summers.
Here are some tips for growing Sativa flowers outdoors:
- Choose a spot that gets plenty of sun. Sativas need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Prepare the soil before planting. Sativas prefer loose, well-draining soil. Add some organic matter to the soil to help with drainage and nutrients.
- Plant Sativa seeds or clones in early spring. This will give them the longest possible growing season.
- Water Sativas regularly, but don’t overwater them. They need consistent moisture, but too much water can lead to problems like root rot.
- Fertilize Sativas a few times during the growing season with a high-quality fertilizer.
- Be patient! Sativas can take up to 16 weeks to flower, so don’t expect them to be ready to harvest right away.
More Growing Tips
Here are a few more tips to strengthen your Sativa green thumb and ensure a great harvest:
- Prevent Stress & Injuries: As a Sativa plant grows, it is important to prevent stress and injuries. If the plant becomes too stressed, it will produce less THC. To prevent this, grow your Sativa in an area with plenty of space and light and fertilize regularly.
- Avoid Overfeeding Nutrients: Too much of one nutrient can lead to nutrient deficiencies and nutrient toxicity. Nutrient requirements also change throughout the growing cycle, so monitoring plant growth and adjusting accordingly is important.
Do Sativa Seeds Go Bad?
While it’s not common for Sativa seeds to go bad, it can happen if they’re not stored properly. If you notice that your seeds are starting to look dried out or discolored, it’s best to throw them away and start fresh.
Seed Storage Tips
If you’re interested in growing Sativa plants, it’s important to know how to store the seeds properly. Here are some Sativa seed storage tips to help you keep your seeds in good condition:
- Keep seeds in a cool, dry place.
- Store the seeds in an airtight container.
- Hide seeds away from light.
By following these Sativa seed storage tips, you can help to ensure that your seeds remain in good condition and are ready to plant.