Buy Indica Seeds
It’s no secret that the best Indica strains result from high-quality Indica seeds. But experienced OGs like us know that there’s much more to cultivating potent Indica flower than just planting a few seeds and waiting for them to harvest. That’s why we’ve put together this informational guide about Indica seeds!
We’re here to provide you with the knowledge it takes to grow a flourishing crop with large amounts and potent Indica buds. We’ll also give you a few recommended strains that you can find right here at OG seeds to help you get started on your cannabis crop. Let’s get growing!
GET 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
See Our Top Indica Dominant Cannabis Seeds below:
Skywalker OG Seeds Autoflower$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Girl Scout Cookies Seeds Autoflower$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Biscotti Seeds Autoflower$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Lemon Kush Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Lava Cake Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Runtz Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
White Tahoe Cookies Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Kosher Kush Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Blue Dream Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
GMO Cookies Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Gelato 41 Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Zkittlez Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Purple Punch Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Ice Cream Cake Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
Banana OG Seeds Feminized$29.95 – $229.95 Select options
What Are Indica Seeds?
Indica seeds are what produce Indica cannabis plants and their prized flower. When planted and cultivated to maturity, growers can harvest Indica flower for their endeavors and enjoy their many benefits. You can buy Indica seeds that produce pure Indica cannabis strains or seeds that produce Indica-dominant hybrid strains.
What Are Indica Dominant Seeds?
Seeds that produce Indica-dominant cannabis flowers are hybrid strains of Indica and Sativa genetics. Above all, these Indica-dominant strains lean more towards Indica in growth, appearance, and benefits.
What are Indica Dominant Hybrid Strains
An Indica-dominant hybrid strain provides consumers with the best of both Indica and Sativa strains while emphasizing the benefits of the former. This is why these strains have become a hit with cannabis enthusiasts worldwide! Enthusiasts will find an embarrassment of riches when shopping for an ideal Indica-dominant strain that offers a potent mix of benefits that keep them calm, cool, and collected while giving them.
What Are Indica Strains?
Indica strains are cannabis flower strains that produce calming effects for both mind and body. These strains come from the Cannabis indica plant. Moreover, this plant is shorter, bushier, and has darker, broader leaves than its cousin Cannabis sativa.
Indica Profile Features
Cannabis seeds that have dominant Indica profiles are typically high-producing, produce dense, bulbous buds, and are easier to grow in harsher conditions than Sativa strains. Indica strains are available in hemp and Cannabis plants and are a popular strain amongst enthusiasts.
There is a long and storied history dating back centuries to the Hindu Kush mountain range in Central and South Asia. Moreover, in the late 1780’s, French naturalist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck discovered a species of cannabis plant growing in India. His discovery made consumers feel relaxed and provided an intense yet sublime euphoria. These cannabis strains were Landrace strains, meaning that they naturally developed over time without human intervention. Lamarck dubbed these strains “Indica” to distinguish them from hemp plants, which had many industrial applications in European society at the time.
Nearly a century later, the 1970’s saw Indica become more widespread with cannabis connoisseurs. Many cultivated their own Indica varieties for a pure Indica experience. Growers then crossbred them with Sativa strains to offer enthusiasts the best of both worlds with Indica-dominant hybrid strains. Now, pure Indicas and Indica-dominant hybrids are staples of the cannabis industry and a favorite with enthusiasts worldwide.
What Type Of Indica Seeds Are There?
When growing Indica seeds, several different types of seeds are available for cultivating your cannabis crop. From High THC content to high CBD content, to male and female seeds to seeds that produce flower without a conventional light schedule, here are some Indica seed options available for you to grow.
High THC Indica Seeds
High THC Indica Seeds produce Indica flower with potent sedative effects that will knock you off your feet. THC is the main cannabinoid in Cannabis plants, which is the type of cannabis plant these Indica seeds produce. For instance, a low THC strain has THC content below 15%, whereas a high THC strain is anything above 20%.
Growers may find it hard to obtain these high THC Indica seeds since they’re rare and closely guarded by cannabis seed banks for their potency. Also, Cannabis is still considered federally illegal, despite most states legalizing it for medical and recreational purposes.
High CBD Indica Seeds
High CBD Indica seeds produce Indica hemp flower. However, unlike Cannabis plants, the main cannabinoid in hemp plants is CBD. The 2018 Farm Bill made hemp federally legal as long as it contains a THC content of 0.3% or less. With CBD products dominating the health and wellness industry, many growers have shifted to growing these high CBD Indica seeds to capitalize on this current trend.
Regular (Unsexed) Seeds
Regular seeds, also known as unsexed seeds, are cannabis seeds that contain roughly a 50/50 mixture of male and female seeds. These seeds can grow into either male or female cannabis plants, making them perfect for growers who want to produce new Indica cannabis strains. When cultivating unsexed Indica seeds, the male plants will produce pollen, pollinate the females, and make them produce seeds.
Whereas male plants produce pollen, female plants produce the highly sought-after flower. For this reason, many growers prefer feminized seeds because they produce only female plants. When you cultivate feminized seeds, you guarantee that your crop will be entirely female with little to no chance of fertilization. This is why feminized Indica seeds are the best option for novice growers wanting to harvest potent Indica buds.
Autoflower seeds are perfect for growers who don’t want to be burdened with managing their crop’s light needs. For example, these feminized seeds produce female Indica plants. These will flower automatically regardless of how much light they receive. However, there are drawbacks, subsequently, Indica plants from autoflower seeds will generally be smaller and produce lower amounts.
Benefits of Indica Strains
When consuming Indica strains, you will savor the natural terpenes that give even your favorite strain its unique flavor and aroma! You’ll also experience many wellness benefits! Indica strains are best consumed in the evenings and perfect for nighttime use.
Effects of Indica Cannabis
After a few puffs of Indica flower, consumers report the following benefits:
- Deep relaxation with calming effects
- Reduced nervousness
- Positive state of mind with lowered racing thoughts
- Increased appetite
- Soothing bodily discomfort and soreness
- Expediting a deep, restful sleep
- And much more!
Indica Seeds vs. Sativa Seeds
Both Indica and Sativa Strains differ wildly in their appearance and benefits. Knowing how to differentiate one from the other can allow you to enjoy these strains to their fullest potential.
Here are the main differences between Indica and Sativa plants:
- Height: Indica plants can grow to be 2-6 feet tall. Sativa plants can reach heights of 8-15 feet!
- Flowering Time: Indica plants typically flower around 6-8 weeks. Sativa flowering time is usually 10-16 weeks.
- Flower: Indica flower is small, dense, compact buds. Sativa flower is oblong and airy.
Although Indica and Sativa are both cannabis strains, the benefits they impart to consumers are the total opposite of each other. We mentioned in the previous section how and Indica strain is the perfect strain for evenings and nighttime use due to the relaxation and the sedative benefits it bestows on consumers.
Sativa strains, on the other hand, do quite the opposite. Many people love to consume Sativa strains during the daytime because they provide energizing effects and focused clarity to help them get through the day. The stimulating effects of a Sativa strain aren’t just physical. Many consumers claim they demolish creative roadblocks and inspire creativity.
What Are The Best Indica Strains?
There are hundreds of Indica strains to choose from, you may find it hard to settle on a select few Indica Seeds to grow with. That’s why we took the time and effort to put together this list of the best and most popular Indica seeds we have available, for you to grow.
Indica Seeds Available
OG seeds shop:
- GMO (90/10 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): There’s nothing GMO about this strain. This natural hybrid is the offspring of Girl Scout Cookies and Chemdawg. Your senses will be hit hard by a deep, skunky flavor that will perk up your taste buds.
- Purple Punch (90/10 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): The result of Granddaddy Purple and Larry OG, Purple Punch is the perfect one-two combo to leave you in a berry-flavored daze.
- Ice Cream Cake (75/25 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): The perfect marriage of Wedding Cake and Gelato #33, this sweet, sugary strain will put you into a relaxed and satisfied state akin to a food coma.
- Banana OG (70/30 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): This fruity strain has overripe bananas’ sweet flavor and aroma. A cross between Banana and OG Kush, Banana OG is one of the strongest Indica strains and will leave you in a drowsy and heavily sedated state.
- White Tahoe Cookies (70/30 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): The ingredients in these cookies are Girl Scout Cookies, Tahoe OG, and The White. What results is a strain with resinous buds with a sweet and hashy taste.
- Zkittlez (70/30 Indica Dominant Hybrid): Taste the flavors of the rainbow with this hybrid strain of Grape Ape and Grapefruit. You’ll feel calm yet focused for the perfect end to your day.
- Runtz (50/50 Indica-Sativa Hybrid): The sweet tropical undertones of this colorful strain make it the perfect strain for chill-out sesh with friends. The product of Gelato and Zkittlez, Runtz will leave you with a calm, euphoric feeling of content.
How Much Do Indica Strains Produce?
amounts can vary depending on several factors. But there is no real way for you to estimate how much you will be able to harvest. To maximize your amounts, you must give your crop adequate amounts of light, water, and nutrients.
There is very little amount certainty when growing Indica strains indoors. You might end up with as little as 37.5 grams (1.3 ounces) to 150 grams (5.0 ounces) of Indica flower per plant.
When growing Indica strains outdoors and under the perfect conditions, you can expect your Indica plants to produce as much as 500 grams (17.5 ounces) of flower per plant.
How Potent Are Indicas?
The potency of Indica cannabis strains depends on the type of flower they’re from. Additionally, the main cannabinoid in Indica Cannabis flower is THC, which imparts a euphoric “high” that many consumers enjoy and can’t get enough of.
Indica Cannabis strains can have a THC content as low as 5% to as high as 32%! Keep in mind that despite various states legalizing Cannabis, the federal government still considers it illegal. Before growing your crop of Cannabis plants, always consult your local laws regarding the cultivation, consumption, and distribution of cannabis.
How Potent is legal Indica Hemp?
Indica hemp flower, must contain a THC content of 0.3% or less to be compliant with the 2018 Farm Bill and to be legal. The main cannabinoid in hemp flower is CBD. CBD has achieved popularity for its holistic benefits and has become an integral part of many people’s general wellness regimens. To maximize your wellness potential, you can find Indica strains with CBD content as high as 21%.
Although federally legal, a handful of states might limit hemp flower or CBD consumption. Like with Cannabis, it’s important that you research your local laws regarding hemp and CBD consumption.
Where to Buy Indica Seeds
The best place to buy Indica seeds is OG Seeds. Our online seed bank has plenty of hemp and Cannabis Indica strains to choose from. You’ll find an Indica strain with a terpene profile and CBD or THC content that will satisfy your unique preferences. We’ll also help you every step of the way to cultivate a potent crop like no other with informational guides such as this one.
It doesn’t matter if you’re an experienced grower or a newbie. Just about anyone can develop their Indica seeds into thriving plants with high-quality Indica flower! Take it from us — we’re the OGs when it comes to growing cannabis. Don’t delay; get your Indica seeds today from OG seeds!
How To Grow The Best Indica Flower
Growing an Indica flower isn’t difficult. But the success of your crop depends on meeting several environmental requirements. This will allow your seeds to grow into potent cannabis plants with bountiful amounts!
Though many will choose to grow their Indica plants outdoors, growing your crop indoors is generally considered the best option. Growing Indica plants indoors allows you to tightly control the environment to ensure your setup is 100% perfect for potent and maximum amounts. Here are some general tips for growing your Indica strains.
Germination is the key to a successful Indica crop. When you germinate your Indica seeds, a small taproot will appear within 12-36 hours. A taproot is essential for anchoring your plant deep into the soil and giving it overall stability. Taproots also absorb and store nutrients to help your Indica plants retain nutrition for proper growth.
When growing your Indica plants outdoors, ensure they get at least 12 or more hours of direct sunlight a day during the vegetative or growing state. When the plants enter the flowering stage, ensure they receive at least 10-12 hours of direct sunlight per day.
If growing Indicas indoors, give your plants a minimum of 200-300 watts of light for at least 13 hours during the vegetative stage. Growers often use an 18/6 light to dark schedule to encourage faster growth and flowering. To initiate flowering, adopt a 12/12 light to dark schedule during the flowering stage. The beauty of indoor growing is that you can create artificial growing conditions to optimize your crop’s growth and amounts.
The optimal temperatures for growing Indica strains are 70-85 °F (20-30 °C) during the growing stage and 65-80 °F (18-26 °C) during the flowering stage.
For your Indica plants to grow successfully, you’ll need to give them nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) in large quantities. In addition, to these macronutrients, calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), and sulfur (S) play a vital role in the growth and development of Indica strains.
Small amounts of other nutrients, or micronutrients, also play an essential role in your crop’s success. These micronutrients include:
- Boron (B)
- Chlorine (Cl)
- Copper (Cu)
- Iron (Fe)
- Manganese (Mn)
- Molybdenum (Mo)
- Zinc (Zn)
Indica plants require the following humidity requirements during various stages of their development:
- Seedling Stage: 65-70% humidity
- Vegetation (Growing) Stage: 40-70% humidity. You can lower humidity levels by 5% each week.
- Flowering Stage: Keep humidity levels between 40-50%. Anything above 60% will endanger the plant.
- Late Flowering Stage (Typically 1-2 weeks before harvesting the flower): 30-40% humidity.
Indica Flower Indoor Growing Tips
Growing your Indica plants indoors allows you to fine-tune the growing environment for optimum amounts. This is why many growers prefer growing their Indica plants indoors instead of outdoors.
Indoor Growing Tips
Here are a few must do tips for growing your Indica plants indoors:
- Pick a suitable space: When growing your crop indoors, you’re limited by space. Make sure you have adequate space before your crop becomes too big to move.
- Select high-quality soil mix: Use a potting mix formulated for indoors. Ensure it contains a well-balanced blend of nutrients and is well-draining to prevent root rot.
- Ensure proper airflow: Ventilation is important to keep pathogens and fungi away.
- Use proper grow lights: Make sure you utilize high-quality lights with the proper wattage.
- Keep the growing surface flat: This ensures they’ll receive the same amount of light and grow at the same rates.
Indica Flower Outdoor Growing Tips
When you grow your Indica plants outdoors, you’re limited by the amount of land you have at your disposal. If you have a big backyard or are lucky enough to own several acres of land, growing outdoors will maximize your amounts. Also, you won’t have to worry about a huge electric bill because sunlight is free! But you must make sure you have proper irrigation and live in an environment where the weather is predictable and not harsh.
Outdoor Growing Must Do’s
Other must do tips for growing your Indica flower outdoors include:
- Pick a suitable space: Select a big enough spot to allow your plants room to grow and expand.
- Maintain a fertilization schedule: Ensure you can properly fertilize your crop to provide it with adequate sustenance. This is extra important when cultivating large fields.
- Proper irrigation: Make sure you give your plants ample water. They’re constantly at the mercy of direct sun and winds. Proper irrigation will hydrate your Indica plants and prevent them from drying out.
- Privacy: If you have nosey neighbors, you know how important privacy is. Ensure your crop is out of sight of neighbors or passersby if possible. This will avert theft of your crop.
More Growing Tips
Here are a few more tips for both indoor and outdoor Indica seed varieties:
- Prevent Stress & Injuries: Stress can cause feminized Indica seeds to become hermaphroditic. This can lead your crop to produce seeds instead of flower. Limiting stress will prevent this from occurring and ensure your plants develop optimally.
- Avoid Overfeeding Nutrients: Too much of a good thing can be bad. Overfeeding your Indica cannabis crop will lead to irreversible damage that may kill your crop. Always feed your plants at a dose lower than the recommended amount and slowly work your way up to an optimal dose until the plants respond.
How Long Are Indica Seeds Good For?
If stored under optimal conditions, Indica seeds can last up to five years. However, this is rare since these ideal storage conditions are hard to maintain, even by experienced growers. If stored in a cool, dry, and dark space, Indica seeds are good for 16 months. If planning on planting the seeds after 16 months, you should store them in the freezer for future use.
Indica Seeds Storage Tips
As we mentioned, we suggest you use Indica seeds within 16 months. You should store the seeds in a dark, dry, and cool spot, like a cupboard, to optimize their longevity. Make sure they’re stored in a place where children and pets cannot access them. If you do not plan on using your seeds within 16 months, you should store them in your freezer so you can use them sometime in the future.