Buy Hybrid Cannabis Seeds
GET 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
What are Hybrid Cannabis Strains?
Three main categories are used to classify cannabis strains on the market: indicas, sativas and hybrids. A great choice for first-time growers, hybrid Cannabis seeds are a varying blend of sativa and indica strains and are normally broken up into three subcategories: indica-dominant, sativa-dominant and 50/50 hybrids. Very few cannabis strains are pure Indica or pure sativa strains. Many people enjoy 50/50 hybrids as they provide a balanced mix of indica and sativa effects.
Hybrids produce a varying mix of sativa and indica-like effects. Indicas are known for their effects on the body, while sativas are known for their effects on the mind, making hybrids a desirable choice for many. Most modern strains of cannabis are hybrids since cannabis has been cross-bred and cultivated for centuries. Let’s take a deeper dive to learn more.
What are Hybrid Cannabis Seeds?
Hybrid cannabis seeds use a blend of indica and sativa genetics to produce some of the most enjoyable and productive hybrid strains available today. For many growers, a well-balanced hybrid strain provides the best indica and sativa qualities in one perfect variety — offering the best of both worlds, if you will.
Why Grow Hybrid Cannabis Seeds?
Hybrid Cannabis seeds are the best and most common to grow because they feature a little bit of a mixture of both indica and sativa. This will ensure that you not only get the high benefits of both but also the amount. Most people enjoy a hybrid because the feeling is not too much from either side of the spectrum. This will ensure that you don’t get too tired or to wired but just the right amount of both.
Indica-Dominant Hybrid Strains
Indica-dominant hybrids are often thought of as “nighttime” strains and typically have more physically-inducive effects, such as body relaxation and aiding with a good night’s sleep. They tend to be more stimulating than a traditional 100% indica strain and are a great choice for relaxing and unwinding at the end of the night.
Sativa-Dominant Hybrid Strains
Sativa dominant hybrid strains are great for daytime smokers. These typically have more mentally-inducive effects, and can be used to sharpen one’s focus, boost creativity and enhance motivation. These are a great choice for enhanced energy and productivity throughout the day.
Balanced Hybrid Strains (50/50)
Evenly balanced Hybrid strains provide effects that are more soothing in nature, providing both calming relaxation and uplifting mood boosts. Effects will vary based on each strain and your own personal body chemistry.
Hybrid Strains History
Over the last 60 years, breeders have capitalized on the diversity of cannabis more than ever before — cross-breeding strains from around the globe, creating unique hybrid blends with countless flavors, varying effects, and endless possibilities.
Different varieties of Hybrid Cannabis strains have been created and cross-bred over the years for several reasons: (1) intensifying special characteristics of a strain, (2) creating different strains, and (3) increasing their potency. Strains are normally named by their original cultivators and often refer to the plant’s smell, taste, color, or origin.
What Type of Hybrid Cannabis Seeds Are There?
There are three primary categories of hybrid seeds, and it is important to consider what type of cannabis seeds you’d like to grow before making your selection.
- Regular hybrid cannabis seeds produce both male and female hybrid plants Among old-school growers and cannabis seed makers, they are a popular choice, but unless you plan to make your own strain, feminized cannabis seeds are likely the better option for you.
- Feminized cannabis seeds: produce larger buds and greater amounts. Plants derived from these seeds are almost guaranteed to be female since they do not have male chromosomes. Since this eliminates the headache of removing male plants, you can spend more time caring for your hybrid plants. If a male plant polinates your females, you will have less potent, seedy buds.
- Autoflowering hybrid seeds: Since they have an automatic blooming process and do not require changing light cycles, they are very suitable for beginners. It’s important to remember that this particular type of seed has a faster harvest and smaller amounts.
Benefits of Growing Hybrid Cannabis Strains
With Hybrid Cannabis strains, you tend to get the best of both worlds, with indicas providing a more calming, relaxed sensation and sativas offering more euphoric highs and enhanced creativity. Hybrids may inherit the shorter flowering time of indicas while retaining the cerebral high offered by sativas. They can also have the quality amounts of indicas while taking on the fast vegetative growth of a sativa. Because hybrids can blend attributes of each, it’s no wonder they make up most of the market.
Traits of Hybrid Cannabis plants:
- Flowering time varies
- Many are high-producing
- Effects are a blend of sativa and indica traits
- Symptom relief varies based on genetics
- Morphology: wide range of growth patterns
How Potent Are Hybrid Strains?
Potency will vary from strain to strain, but potency can range anywhere from 15-30% THC. Potency can also vary depending on the terpene profile of the hybrid strain, as well as whether it is indica or sativa dominant.
What Is The Best Hybrid Cannabis Strain?
OGSeeds has an extensive selection of hybrid Cannabis strains. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to their strains. When choosing your hybrid cannabis Seeds, it’s best to go with a knowledgeable seed bank with a large selection of genetics. We have the best selection of Feminized cannabis seeds For your convenience, we’ve organized our strains and listed their THC percentages so you can cultivate the strain that best suits your needs!
Balanced Hybrid Cannabis Strains (50/50):
- Cereal Milk – 25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 50/50 Hybrid
- Gary Payton – 25% THC 50/50 Hybrid
- White Runtz – 24% THC – 50/50 Hybrid
- Apple Fritter – 26% THC – 50/50 Hybrid
- Kush Mints – 24% THC – 50/50 Hybrid
- Runtz – 29% THC – 50/50 Hybrid
- Sour Pinot – 15-20% – 50/50 Hybrid
Indica-Dominant Hybrid Strains:
- Purple Punch – 20% THC – Indica/Sativa 80/20
- Ice Cream Cake – 20-30% THC – Indica/Sativa: 75/25
- White Tahoe Cookies28% THC – Indica/Sativa: 70/30
- Watermelon Zkittlez – 25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 70/30
- Zkittlez – 24% THC – Indica/Sativa: 70/30
- Banana OG – 27% THC – Indica/Sativa: 60/40
- Lemon Kush – 20-22% THC- Indica / Sativa: 60/40
- Gelato 41 – 22% THC – Indica/Sativa: 55/45
- GMO Cookies – 25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 90/10
- Lava Cake Seeds – 19% THC – Indica/Sativa: 70/30
- Biscotti Seeds – 25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 80/20
- Girl Scout Cookies – 22-28% THC – Indica/Sativa: 60/40
- Skywalker OG – 20-26% THC – Indica/Sativa: 85/15
- Frozay – 21% THC – Indica/Sativa: 70/30
Sativa-Dominant Hybrid Strains:
- Mimosa – 30% THC – Indica / Sativa: 30/70
- Blue Dream – 17-25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 30/70
- Sour Diesel – 22-26% THC – Indica/Sativa: 10/90
- Bruce Banner – 23-25% THC – Indica/Sativa: 40/60
- Green Crack – 22% THC – indica/Sativa: 49/60
How to Grow The Best Hybrid Flower
When growing hybrid Cannabis seeds, remember to create the best environment and optimal growing conditions if you want the best potency and amounts. Hybrid seeds respond well to indoor or outdoor growing, but the advantage of an indoor setting is being able to control more factors of your grow, along with being able to better prevent mold and pests from disturbing your hybrid plants. See our best cannabis strain collection here.
Unless you have autoflower cannabis seeds, you’ll need to remember to pay attention to the light cycles. It’s also important to properly ventilate your garden and maintain odor control in your setup. The Sea of Green (SOG) method helps produce a higher amounts by growing many smaller plants rather than several larger plants. Scrogging (SCROG) is also an effective method when growing hybrid Cannabis strains. This entails stretching your plants branches out into a screen to create an even canopy. Doing this produces higher amounts and more buds since more light can hit the branches. This helps with ventilation and reduces mold and pests. Always make sure to properly prune and trim your hybrid plants. Practicing the tips listed below in any indoor grow will ensure the best results. Avoid Overfeeding Nutrients – Follow a proper feeding cycle from a local grow store.
- The lowest growth (lollipop) should be removed
- For every square meter of space, add one oscillating fan
- Make sure to give your plants ample space to grow
- You should clean your garden regularly
- When you are in the grow room, wear clean clothes
- During the vegetative stage, apply organic neem oil
- Keep a daily eye on your cannabis crop
To grow the best hybrid Cannabis outdoors, you’ll want to grow them in a climate where plenty of light can reach your plant, so they can grow the biggest buds. It’s best to make sure they receive at least 6-8 hours of light a day, but 10-12 hours is ideal. Hybrid plants thrive in warm and sunny climates, although colder places can still produce high amounts in warmer months. Planting your crops in pots makes it easier to relocate them during extreme temperature drops. Hybrid strains are generally very mold and disease resistant, but you’ll still want to properly prune and maintain your garden.
How Do I Germinate My Hybrid Cannabis Seeds
Before you can enjoy your hybrid Cannabis, you’ll need to germinate your hybrid seeds. There are several different ways to germinate, but we will focus on the 3 most common methods below.
Paper Towel Method
This is the most common germination method. It requires two damp paper towels, with the moisture breaking down the seed’s shell. You place the cannabis seeds on the paper towels and then place them between two plates to retain the moisture.
Glass of Water Method
This is a faster way to germinate, but ensuring you have the best conditions for your seed is still important. It will usually take cannabis seeds 24 hours to germinate with this method. It provides more moisture than soil and breaks down the hard shell faster, allowing the root to break through more quickly.
When you plant your seed in the soil, germination can occur naturally. It is a much slower way to germinate but can protect weaker roots from damage.
Why Is Hybrid Cannabis So Popular?
People love hybrids so much because they offer the best of both indica genes and sativa genes. It’s no surprise that hybrid dominant strains have taken the scene by storm by offering the cerebral couch locking high high of a pure indica dominant strain while offering the full body relaxation of a sative. Different hybrid strains have different benefits due to the genetics for which they are bred for, and this goes deeper than just THC, and whether it is indica or sativa dominant. Breeders cross different parent strains based on the terpenes they desire in the crossed strain, allowing them to pick certain desired traits from those plants.
Do Hybrid Cannabis Seeds Go Bad?
Hybrid Cannabis seeds can last for years if stored in your fridge in a dark, airtight container.
Where to Buy the Best Hybrid Cannabis Seeds Online?
You are in the right place to shop for the best high quality hybrid Cannabis seeds. OG Seeds has the best hybrid seeds on the internet with guaranteed germination and fast discreet shipping. We understand everything about the seeds we offer and can help ensure you produce the best hybrid Cannabis plants.